Real Cider & Perry
Real Cider is a long-established traditional drink which is produced naturally from apples and is neither carbonated nor pasteurised. However Real Cider, and its close relation Perry (which is made from pears) is often difficult to find. It is unfortunate that many of the most well known ciders and perries in the UK are fizzy keg products which have been produced artificially rather than naturally.
It is well worth tracking down some real ciders and perries and more people are discovering for themselves how deliciously mellow, aromatic and intoxicating the flavours of naturally produced real cider and perry can be.
For pubs selling real cider in the area, see Local Pubs selling Real Cider or Perry.
For our Cider Pub of the Year competition, see Pub of the Year.
If you have any news, updates, corrections, or questions regarding real cider in the Reading area, please get in touch with our Cider Rep.
Local Cider and Perry makers
We have several producers of both cider and perry in the local area. In a similar vein to the LocAle initiative, Reading CAMRA promotes local ciders and perries that have been made within 25 miles of Reading. Look out for them and support your local cidermakers!:
- Ciderniks (Kintbury, Berkshire)
- Green Shed Cider (Newbury, Berkshire)
- Long Crendon Manor Cider (Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire)
- Pang Valley Cider (Cold Ash, Berkshire)
- Polecat Cider (Newbury, Berkshire)
- Tutts Clump Cider (Bradfield, Berkshire)
- Woodley Sider (Woodley, Berkshire)
Twitter / CAMRA_APPLE
- Saturday, 08:49 : RT @LiverpoolCAMRA: And today is our thank you trip for all the volunteers who work so hard at our beer festival. We couldn't do it without you and hope you all have a great day. twitter.com/CAMRA_Official…
- Friday, 19:13 : RT @ChorlBeerFest: Wow, amazing numbers in our first 7 hours of sales - have you got your tickets yet. Choose family Saturday, choose Friday night, choose chilled out Thursday. Or choose all three with a season ticket.... chorltonbeerfestival.org.uk/tickets/
- Saturday, 08:50 : In preparation for World Cider Day on 3rd June, Gabe Cook will be celebrating World ciders on @SundayBrunchC4 Tune in around 11.45am tomorrow @Sxollie @evescidery #GalipetteCidre facebook.com/10005062151034… pic.twitter.com/6AN2tyL3iM
- Saturday, 07:50 : RT @GlosOrchards: Wolds End Orchard Town Picnic, 3rd July 2022 glosorchards.org/home/blog/2022…
- Saturday, 07:37 : RT @DDSCAMRA: So, it's a Saturday morning, you're drinking your first cup of coffee and thinking to yourself "What am I going to do today?" Here's a few ideas: