Real Cider & Perry
Real Cider is a long-established traditional drink which is produced naturally from apples and is neither carbonated nor pasteurised. However Real Cider, and its close relation Perry (which is made from pears) is often difficult to find. It is unfortunate that many of the most well known ciders and perries in the UK are cold, fizzy keg products which have been produced artificially rather than naturally.
It is well worth tracking down some real ciders and perries and more people are discovering for themselves how deliciously mellow, aromatic and intoxicating the flavours of naturally produced real cider and perry can be.
For pubs selling real cider in the area, see Local Pubs selling Real Cider or Perry.
For our Cider Pub of the Year competition, see Pub of the Year.
If you have any news, updates, corrections, or questions regarding real cider in the Reading area, please get in touch with our Cider Rep.
Local Cider and Perry makers
We have several producers of both cider and perry in the local area. In a similar vein to the LocAle initiative, Reading CAMRA promotes local ciders and perries that have been made within 25 miles of Reading. Look out for them and support your local cidermakers!:
- Ciderniks (Kintbury, Berkshire)
- Crazy Dave's Cider (Holyport, Berkshire)
- Lambourn Valley Cider (Great Shefford, Berkshire)
- Long Crendon Manor Cider (Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire)
- Tutts Clump Cider (Bradfield, Berkshire)
- Woodley Sider (Woodley, Berkshire)
Twitter / CAMRA_APPLE
- Saturday 10th August, 21:33 : RT @gbbf: Well, that's us for another year! Thank you to everyone who attended and made #GBBF 2019 a superb year. We hope you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday 6th July, 09:50 : RT @DrinkBritain: Cracking afternoon at @beeronthewye yesterday, including the presentation to Roger Of Mayfayre Cider of his… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Saturday 15th June, 16:18 : RT @TCCPAofficial: The Champions! Big Congrats to all the winners of this year's @TCCPAofficial International Cider & Perry Awards. Ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Tuesday 21st May, 17:51 : RT @1treehillcider: Cider and Perry from Wales and Kent for Kidbrook Fest have arrived, full list on sel.camra.org.uk/wp-content/upl… pic.twitter.com/lUdtuZJHl4
- Wednesday 8th May, 20:49 : Local coverage of National Championship winners worcesternews.co.uk/news/regional/…